Run Your Freezer on an Ice Battery Bank
What is needed?
- Buy a Juststandout Ice Battery or get a Used but clean 25 liter or other size plastic keg with a cover and stopper to prevent leakage.
- Fill with the cleanest water you can get your hands on or filter what you have.
Installation of the Juststandout Ice battery.
- Depending on the size of your freezer, you may need more than one Juststandout Ice Battery.
- Fill the Juststandout Ice Battery to the Fill mark. DO not over fill to prevent damage to the battery. If using a used keg, fill and leave about 7cm space at the top.
- Insert stopper then replace cap and tighten. Now your Juststandout Ice Battery is ready to be charged.
- Remove everything from the freezer if freezer is already in use.
- Clean the freezer and place the Juststandout Ice Battery at the bottom of the freezer.
- Reload your freezer.
- For the initial charge run the freezer (with NEPA or Generator) for 10 hours. The water is now ice and should run by itself for about 2 days without light.
- In the future you will be able to buy a charged unit from your ice block retailer like you buy bottled water.
- After this initial charge, Juststandout Ice Battery will be recharged every time you have PHCN or run your generator.
How do I maximize my Juststandout Ice Battery?
- As with all refrigeration systems, reduce the amount of time you open the lid. When you open the lid, close it as fast as you can. NEVER LEAVE it open, when running on Juststandout Ice Battery.
- Try to refill drinking water and other liquids when you are recharging the system.
- Allow food cool down before putting it in the freezer.