Today solar, wind, mini hydros and small thermal generators make up most of our alternative energy sources in the country due to the unreliable grid. And since most alternative forms of power are not continuous and reliable as the true grid and most of the alternative forms are produced in DC (direct current), the Inverter, Charger and Battery solution is needed for reliable and continuous power backup.
Most of what we call inverters today are actually an inverter and charger combination. At the heart of most alternative energy systems is a battery bank to store electricity. A charger is used to store the energy, but before it is stored, it must be converted to DC (Direct Current- like in your car battery). The charger is the midwife that makes sure the battery stores and produces current when needed.
The best chargers have electronics including BTS (Battery Temperature Sensors) to deliver not only sufficient power, but control the power to protect the batteries from exploding. They also prevent the batteries from over discharge which can also kill the batteries.
However when the source of power is DC as in solar, wind or mini hydros, a controller/charger is used to do DC to DC conversions. They normal come in PWM- Pulse Width Modulation or MPPT-Multi Power Point Tracker. The later being 25% more efficient at converting power.
After the power is stored, the inverter helps change the electricity to AC (Alternating Current like the Distribution Companies -DISCOs supply) which is used by most appliances.
The major function of an inverter is to convert the DC (Direct Current) power from the battery bank to AC (Alternating Current) which is the power required for most appliances. This works by allowing surplus AC power to pass through to power downstream AC appliances such as televisions. When AC power is disconnected, the unit inverts DC battery power into AC electricity.
The Inverter/charger is excellent for providing emergency backup power for businesses and individuals, during a power outage. During an outage, the inverter will transmit from utility to battery power in less than 10 milliseconds.
Inverter /chargers are available in Pure Sine Wave and Modified Sine Wave;
- Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter/Charger; this type of inverter allows equipment to run cooler, last longer and operate without the failure and reduced performance caused by poor quality power. Pure Sine wave also guarantees maximum compatibility with sensitive appliances like computers, network devices.
- Modified sine wave inverter/Charger can be used for simple systems that don’t have any delicate electronics or audio equipment that may pick up the choppy wave and produce a hum. Old tube TVs and motors with brushes are usually ok with modified sine wave. However, your digital clock will likely act up, and battery rechargers quite often won’t work. Some equipment may seem to be working fine, but may run hotter than with a pure sine wave and reduce the life of it.
Most of our inverters come with the following features:
- 24hrs or more of Uninterrupted back up power depending on load factor
- Full safety for highly sophisticated equipment, fridges, LCD’s etc
- An advanced Fuzzy Logic Technology which results in Very Fast Switch Over Time: this enables Computer users work without rebooting.
- Unbalanced load handling capability
- Eliminates disturbing and irritating noise
- Extended overload capability (up to 300%)
- Easy maintenance and low running cost
- Pure sine wave output
- Un-limited batteries backup time
- Un-limited load applicability
- 24 hours operation on the Inverter
- Compatible with both linear & non-linear load.
- Multi-stage charger supports batteries up to 600AH
- Parameter Pre-settable
- Controllable & Removable panel with LCD
- Support solar panel
- Low DC Voltage supports Office and Home appliances
- DC start and automatic self-diagnostic function
- High efficiency design to save electricity
- Low heat dissipation in long time operation
- Designed to operate under harsh environment
- Optional Multiple interfaces cards available.
Who can benefit from our solutions?
At Juststandout, we believe that by utilizing the UPS and equipment of the market leaders Victron, Xantrex, Magnum, Outback, and Juststandout up to 100KVA along with an effective maintenance program that we can best ensure the reliability of your backup system.
Juststandout has power solutions that are tailor made and can help you meet your business and personal goals. We can achieve this in an environment void of air and noise pollution, while reducing your operating costs. We have tailor made solutions for Housing estates and projects, offices, supermarkets, hotels, base/relay stations, biomedical equipments, oil companies, Solar, vsat, internet nodes financial institutions and ATMs.